Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bucketheads & other randomness

We FINALLY got our carpet in! When we ordered it on June 14th, they told us 6-10 days, and said that it could be installed before we moved in on June 28th. So imagine our frustration when one day they tell me it's on its way and will arrive on the 20th, and then after not hearing anything I go in and I'm told once again that it is on the truck and will be here no later than July 1st. That didn't happen, so we thought for sure it would be here when we got back in town on the 7th and when it wasn't, boy was I mad! Normally I'm not a costumer service rep's worst nightmare because I know it's not their fault, but I was pretty fed up. We had been camping in our own house on carpet that was so disgusting I didn't even like putting Breah down on it, and all our stuff was still in boxes in the garage. Not that I didn't enjoy living like this, but Breah was getting a little antsy not being able to use her recently mastered art of crawling and roaming the house unristricted. But, it is here now and it looks great! We have also completed the majority of our painting, with the exception of the doors (which the carpet guy kindly left unhinged so I would have more motivation to get to it), the bathrooms, and above the plant shelves in our bedroom. So now we are busily trying to find homes for all our stuff and working hard to rid ourselves of cardboard once and forall!

All this moving has been quite an adventure for the little one, she always manages to get herself into some kind of trouble, so needless to say we are all looking forward to getting our house in order. Let me now explain the random pics in the collage: When we were still living in the condo but spending most of our time at the house, the laundry (and dishes, and dirt, and everything else) really started piling up, to the point that Breah didn't have any jammies, and so she took it upon herself to start folding so she could get to bed. Notice how happy and free she looks sitting there in her nothings. She sure loves her freedom and isn't a bit ashamed. In fact, that is how she learned to crawl. I took off her diaper one day and off she went. I'm still trying to master the art of diapering a moving target. Moving on, in the process of unpacking, Breah has discovered how much fun it can be to be confined in a box--she must get that from me, I don't think her closterphobic father would enjoy it all that much. No really, it is fun--she gets to be right in the middle of all the action, whether it's while I'm putting away the dishes or painting (the purple box--too bad I didn't discover this until the very last wall), and sometimes she even gets to go for rides! One day she got into a pile of stuff waiting to be put away and had this table runner draped around her head and was all tangled up, but by the time I got the camera she had pretty much manuevered herself out of it. And finally the last pics are from this morning. She was eating her banana puffs while I ate my breakfast and got one stuck to her eyelid. It was pretty amusing watching her trying to figure out what was going on. I don't know if she couldn't figure out where it had gone or if she knew it was there and didn't quite know what to do with it

The new carpet is baby approved!

Our snazzy new tile in the background--Brandon's very own handy work

And I just couldn't resist posting these cute pics. Breah has a habbit of always being right under our feet when we are trying to get something done, so in an effort to distract her so Brandon could finish the dishes (I know, my husband rocks, he does them every night) I stuck the bucket on my head and started talking to her. She can never resist something stuck on my head or face and was soon trying to get it off me, until I put one on her head--then she quickly forgot about mine.



6 comments:

Kelly A. said...

Shaylah-you are SUCH a cute mom! I love the bucket picture!!

Ashley and Brett said...

Breah is so dang cute! I can't decide which picture I loved more - the purple box, the stuck on puff, or buckets on both of your heads! It was so fun seeing you guys and playing with little Breah... can't wait to see you again this weekend! We will have to do something fun!

Tawny said...

I just can't get enough of your cute pictures of Breah! Your house looks nice! I bet it is so cute! I would love to see it! It was my pleasure to do the tag! I know, I wish we had a Rite-Aid here! That would be so nice!! I am allergic to lots of makeup too I have discovered! Not cool! I would love St. George in the Winter! That would probably help my Winter blues! Miss ya tons! Hope things are going well!

Emilee said...

sooooo cute. Can't wait to see you bucketheads in a few days!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Nice bucketheads!!

Quinn and Tami Bell said...

You guys will have to let us know where your house is now, we are just south of Costco.
We really need to get together.