We had a great 4th of July weekend. We decided to stick around this year since we are going to be up north later this month, and it was actually really nice to just be able to enjoy the holiday with our own little family. Of course we miss all our extended fam and all the exciting get togethers up there, but we enjoyed not having to spend half the weekend in the car, and all the annoyances of traveling on the holidays. We went up to Zions on Friday (I'll post some pics later) and then Saturday morning we got up and headed over to the park for the celebrations there. I have to say, Fillmore's definitely got one thing over St. George...the 4th of July. It was fun though. Then we headed to our friends for some Cafe Rio takeout and visiting. Breah loved playing with Emma and Ty, even though (or probably more accurately because) they are a little older (3 & 6), but was exhausted when we left and slept right up til dinner with the Healy's. 
Here we are at the park earlier in the day--Breah was just as happy on the slide as the big kids were on all the blow up toys, and the slide was free!
Brandon and I were talking about how we've kind of come full circle when it comes to firework excitement. I remember as a kid it was like the most exciting thing all summer (except when the neighbor uses your most favoritest blanket to beat out a fire caused by one. That, I dare say, kind of scars a young girl for life). But then as you get older, it's just another fireworks show. I mean, yeah, they're cool and all, but if you happen to be in a city where they save their fireworks for another day no one really thinks twice about it (sorry you AF folks...that is still strange to me...). But then, we have kids of our own and it's like the whole cycle starts again. We kept Breah up for the fireworks, a little afraid that she would be tired and grumpy, but we are so glad we did it. I think that was by far the most memorable fireworks show I'd been to in a long time, just because it was so fun watching her reaction. I really thought they would scare her, but as soon as they started, she sat there as still as we've ever seen her, in awe of the whole situation. She would ooo and wooo, and oh wow. And then she'd turn to Brandon and say, "Wook, Daa!" over and over again. It was the cutest thing, and she didn't stop talking about them all day today. At first I couldn't figure out what she was saying, but when she starting pointing to the sky saying "wooo", I figured it out. She calls them kaka kakakas...I know, I know, how did I not get that? And they say "boooom" and we say "wooo". (I don't know how I always make my text into a link, there's really nothing there, but I don't know how to undo it without retyping the whole thing...)
Breah made that cute little sparkler at story time last week, she loves it. Also pictured, mom tickling, Breah pretending to sleep, and jumping into dads arms.


8 comments:
Sounds like our experience with the 4th and introducing a toddler to fireworks aka kakakakas aka boom booms! Looks like Breah is as cute as ever. I'd like to see what she and Noah would think of eachother now. I'm sad I missed you guys in ivins last week! Hopefully we'll catch up with you in Santa Clara!
Your little family is so cute! We took Sarah Karren home to Vernal with us this weekend and were talking about you guys :) Yay for blogs! Without them I wouldn't have been able to give her the updates I did ;)
Sounds and looks like you had a fun 4th of July. Cute/darling pictures of the Dansies.Grandpa and I were duds this year and opted out of the fireworks. We did go to Olsens for the BBQ and heard the neighbors fireworks when we went to bed. Looking forward to seeing in a couple of weeks.
How fun!! I love how you are all wearing red, white and blue. Even your blanket matches!
That sounds like a great Fourth of July! I am glad she loved the fireworks or kaka kakas..or whatever she calls them;) She is so cute, what a fun age!
Such cute pictures. Don't children make everything like hoildays so much more fun! Glad you came and hung out with us. We will do it again soon, hopefully somewhere cooler like pine valley!
Don't you just love AMERICA and it's birthday celebration! sounds like you had a great day, loved your pics- Breah just keeps gett'in cuter every day! see ya in a few
Such darling pictures, you are such a cute family, sounds like you had a lot of fun and all in the colors of the wonderful reason we celebrate, RED, WHITE, & BLUE
WE love and miss you guys, hurry!!!
Post a Comment