Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hello out there...

So do you miss us? It has almost been a whole month since I last posted, but it's not because I have nothing to post about. Quite the contrary, we have been having so much fun that I haven't had time to post, and now that I can finally relax long enough to sit down at the computer (man, you should see my google reader...some of y'alls had 10 posts since I last checked), I can't. Yep, our brand new computer is dead. Worked fine one day, went to use it the next, and nothing. No power, at all. And of course, we had nothing backed up. So let this be a lesson to you all. No matter how fancy and new your computer is...don't think you don't need to back it up. The good news is it's under warranty. The bad news is if we want to recover anything off our hard drive, we have to pay someone to do it, otherwise it will all be wiped clean when they fix it. Of course it's not really an option, we will have to back it up. So until then...we are alive, and I have oodles of pictures from out latest adventures just waiting to be posted! If any of you are more tech savy than us and have any words of wisdom for making a copy of everything on our hard drive without paying an arm and a leg...spill it, please?

7 comments:

Chiemi said...

Oh my gosh! That's just horrible. I'm sorry about what happened, but it's good to have you back!

Byron & Lori Orton said...

We have missed you and best of luck recovering your hard drive. :)

Kirk and Dynelle said...

I just talked to my tech savvy husband and he said he might could help you recover your hard drive...he headed out of town for the week but can help when he gets back

Kelly A. said...

My husband does this for a living and he said he'll help you :) He said you could call his work number at 801-505-1444 and he'd do the labor for free but a hard drive would cost $50-75 or it could be put on a DVD if there is not a lot of information.

CWYoung said...

Oh how I have missed you! And oh how I feel for you! We've had this happen 3 times now. The last time we'd learned our lesson and had a time capsule. Then we realized that it hadn't been working and we really only had things from April back. So we lost 3 months of stuff. I had to redo the budget and try not to kill myself.

Luckily all the photos were backed on my ipod too so we didn't lose any photos.

Good luck getting it fixed!

Tebbs Family said...

HeY! I hope you get your computer up soon, im sorry. Doug and I have made our blog private so just email me at mmorri18@dmail.dixie.edu and I will then send you an invite to our blog. Thanks, and good luck!

Pickle said...

Sorry about your computer! I've missed your posts!