Friday, October 3, 2008

Day 15


My first day alone with the kids and I lock myself out. I hope this isn't any indication of how the rest of the week is going to go. I went next door to use the phone, but when we determined there was no spare to be found, the nice neighbor and her 5 daycare boys (all under the age of 4) and I set out to find an open window. We lucked out and found one on the deck that wasn't completely latched, so we were able to pry it open without breaking anything. The whole time I was thinking of that show, It Takes a Theif--and thinking boy, if I can get in this easy are we ever safe? Luckily for me the alarm wasn't on--I actually asked them to turn it off before they left for fear of setting it off every five minutes.

7 comments:

G&G Martin said...

Sounds like a Brenda thing to me. Smile!!!
Also it runs in the family you know. Smile!!
Hope your stay is fun and not as exciting as it has been so far.

.........Still ME! said...

I feel your pain Shay!!! We just have to make it interesting right?!? We have such boring lives, we have to make thing happen to keep from falling asleep, huh?

Brett and Diane said...

Isn't life excited and fun!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Sorry I shouldn't laugh.
Glad Breah has a little furry kitty friend to play with. Hope you're having fun!

Veronica Ernest said...

Cute stories! I love the cat one and you are so lucky to take that long of a plane trip and have no problems!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for commenting on 'Fun Snacks 4 Kids' and for adding a link in your side bar. Sorry to say, you get an extra entry when you write a post that links right to the giveaway. You can do that or send a recipe if you'd like. But you have 1 entry - no worries. Thanks so much again!

Unknown said...

I love reading the stories you tell on your blog! I hope you are having fun. Are you still in IL? I love the pictures too. Your