


Grandma Nellie and company came down this weekend for UEA/Breah's birthday party and so we decided to go to the pumpkin patch. We found one in Washington at Star Nursery, but it wasn't quite like the pumpkin patches I had experienced before, so I was a little disappointed. We managed to get a few cute pics though, so it was all worth it, right? Breah wasn't sure what to think of being plopped in a pile of hay surrounded by pumpkins, but after a few minutes she warmed up to the idea. There she is with her cute uncles, Jace and Trevor who are ever so patient and loving. Aunt Brin and I had to to show her that they really aren't too scary, just a little cold. Doesn't she look like Little Bo Peep with that great big spider? We ended up buying the pumpkins at WalMart (only $2.98 each so we got a lot more bang for our buck) and carved them Friday afternoon. My mom and I decided to get all domestic and use all the pumpkin we carved out...you know, waste not, want not. So we made a few batches of yummy pumpkin seeds, pumpkin cheesecake bars (not as cheesecakey as we had hoped, but yummy), and pumpkin cookies. Saturday we even had pumpkin pancakes with pumpkin syrup. I love pumpkin, but I think I might of overdone it in that 24 hour period. And as you can see, Breah loved the cookie dough (spice cake mix and pumpkin--no eggs or anything).


Here are our works of art. Jace's Star Trooper(I think?) my friendly little spider, and Trevor's wolves. Pretty fancy, eh? Oh, and the polka dot one for Breah.



2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a blast! We spoke in sacrament...not quite as fun as the bash's at the Dansie's, but still ok in the end, I guess. Just think-when we come out, we'll have you all to ourselves! (I thought the stroller would be fun for her to push around...I bought some for my kids, too, and Graci just pushes Cielo around in it. Ha-oh well, a toy for later. Maybe Breah will get brave and walk with hers...)
Fun, I love carving pumpkins, but we have to do it when our daddy is not home, the smell of pumpkin makes him want to throw up. Sad for the kids but fun for me cause it's something I always get to do with the kids.
I might steal the polka dot idea, that is so cute!
Post a Comment