Sunday, December 7, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

I just love this picture...isn't it sweet? I started putting out the decorations before we left for Thanksgiving and have finally been able to put the finishing touches on everything. Amazingly enough, Breah hasn't bothered the tree much at all. Once in a while she'll go up and touch the lights or carefully examine the ornaments, but has really been very gentle. And here she is playing with her nativity. She loves it and will even occasionally say "Jesus", only it sounds like Jejus. I love nativities--in fact I collect them, but I love that this one is a toy. Too often we get all caught up in the excitement and forget the true meaning of Christmas, so I think it's great to have one for the kids to play with.

Here are a few more pics for you viewing pleasure. The blue sweater ones are of Breah helping me decorate the tree, the rest of her admiring the tree and enjoying the "pretties" of my wreath I was making--she thought that was great!

8 comments:

Russ and Megan said...

You're Christmas decor is all really cute! And we have the same stockings hanging in our house! How funny..I guess we both have good taste. :) Glad you guys are doing well!

Cassott Kinghorn said...

B-E-A-utiful Shaylah! I am so impressed with your cutie, being so careful with the decorations. So cute! Merry Christmas to you guys!

G&G Martin said...

You are just like you mother. You decorate so beautifully and so much. I still have not got mine up yet. It is encouraging to see yours and hope to get in the spirit of decoration though. Your tree is beautiful. How sweet Breah is with everything. How lucky you are.

Anonymous said...

Looks good! I love the picture of Breah admiring the ornament. She's so cute. Your decorations look great!

Brett and Diane said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! Your tree looks fantastic.

gamma said...

Beautiful trees, Breah, decorations it sure looks like Christmas... I too love the picture of Breah looking at the tree..sooooooo sweet love you all bunches..

Kyndi said...

I feel left out...I wanna know how to decorate cute like you and mom-will you help me when you come to visit? I'll watch Breah while I'm not at the wedding!! I've been trying to get mom back here since Thanksgiving to help me with the decor for the girls room, no such luck! Luv you-miss you-

Pickle said...

very cute house and decorations, and very cute breah. i'm glad me and her are friends now! (at least we were for a moment)!