I've been meaning to post all this for a while, but after we got our computer back I was having issues editing pictures...they all seemed to be distorted and weird. Well, I finally figured out to fix the aspect ratio and I'm a happy camper now. So it's time to play catch up. I'll be posting lots of pics today, and they really aren't in any order, so bare with me. First of all, the cabin. Growing up we spent weeks at a time here during the summer, coming home for church on Sunday, or bowling on another day (yes, I was on a bowling league, and no, I wasn't any good, but we had fun. That's about as athletic as I ever got). But for the most part, it was our summer home. I have so many memories of this place, it makes me sad that I only get to visit it once or twice a year. To some I know the endless sagebrush might not be all that appealing, but I love this place. It's beautiful to me. My mom, Grandpa Lanny, and the boys came up with us to hang out and ride 4wheelers, but after some ketchupless burgers, they had to head home. Breah loved to go up and down the stairs and run around smelling the flowers. She was also pretty enthralled by the hummingbirds
While they were there we left them in charge of Breah and went on a nice long ride to the bottom of the draw. One of my favorite things about the cabin is that we pretty much have the whole mountain to ourselves...just us and the cows. And check out the reflections on the ponds!
After everyone left us, we drove Breah back down to the pond to throw rocks. She was in heaven. She would gather rocks and hand them to Brandon to throw, but then she tired of that and made a pile for herself. I love how the simplest things can bring so much joy to her. I just love this girl!

And just for fun, here are some pretty little flowers. I just wish a would have been around for the sega lillies, they are my favorite.


8 comments:
I'm glad you figured out the aspect ratio thing. It looks like you had fun taking pictures with your new camera. They turned out great!
Love those wild flower pics, can I add them to my collection? I'm trying to get as many of the 3,001 species found in Utah (Out of 300,000 known world wide) isn't it cool that we have so many in our area- maybe this is why Grandma Kay called their cabin "little bit of heaven".
How fun! I think cabin camping is the only way to go!
I love these pictures. You did a great job.
how fun!! I am so glad that you enjoyed the cabin, and the "wide open spaces" Grandpa said that the cabin isn't the same without his "partner" aka Sha-bug along, I think you went up to help him whenever we went up so glad little Breah got to enjoy a little bit of mountain fun.
You went at a much prettier time of year...and apparantly much less mouse populated, also. Glad you had a good time.
love the flowers! And i'm jealous of the cabin, how fun!
the flower collage is awesome! good work~
Post a Comment