Sunday, September 27, 2009

Summer's Drawing to a Close

Summer has officially ended. I finally packed up my July 4th decor and broke out all two of my pumpkins. Don't worry, I've been busy crafting. It's time I get something fallish in my house. Last year we had pumpkin overload when I was obsessed with cooking it. Now I'm obsessed with making them. What can I say, they are cute, easy, and can last til Thanksgiving, when the real decorations come out. So fall is here, but I must post some of last summer pics (besides, it's time for the lovely to step down from center stage).

Labor Day:

We did the whole Labor Day last hoorah thing this year. We decided to stick around and try out one of the local lakes. To most it probably wouldn't have been ideal lake conditions but it was perfect for us. First of all, it was free. And you know how we love free. Second, and probably most important, there was no sand. Instead it was a nice, rocky beach. Good thing we brought out chairs. This is important because our child has a phobia of sand, or anything that resembles dirt or sand (even any kind of snack that may leave a sandy residue on her hands, i.e. sugary cereal or flavored goldfish). Had there been sand we would have had to hold her the entire time, but luckily she was happy to go and build rock castles. For the record, yes I swam too, just opted not to ruin my camera in the lake taking pictures of myself.

Perhaps there will be more to come later, for now, it's off to bed!

5 comments:

gamma said...

Thanks for the photos!!!!loved them, you are all such a great family...send a photo of your pumpkins...love ya all :)

Chiemi said...

How fun!

Pickle said...

Glad you went! We will have to go with you next summer. Did you actually swim, because there is no proof of you actually being in the water? :)

Tawny said...

She is just so cute! How are you guys? How is good ol' St. George these days? Hope everything is going well for you! Miss ya!

gamma said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BREAH, We love you sweetie have a good one...eat a little extra cake for me...