
Ready to go! They called us in at 6 am, but I didn't get hooked up til almost 8:30. We were going crazy just sitting there waiting. All I could think was how I wished I had showered and brought something to do...

The big weigh in. I was surprised he was as big as he was after being told for months that he was going to be around 6 lbs.

My labor went a lot faster than I had anticipated, which resulted in me not getting an epidural. I had toyed with the idea but when it came down to it I was dying and didn't see the point in torturing myself unnecessarily. But when I was ready for it there was no nurses to be found and by the time they started getting set up, I was dilated to a 9 and decided to forget it. So I had to be brave by default. One of my biggest fears having this baby in a bigger hospital was being freaked out by all the crazy screaming women in other rooms, but then I ended up being that crazy woman. I was 'feeling pushy" about an hour after he broke my water, but once I was actually allowed to push, I only had to push for about a minute--one very, very, long, miserable minute before he was here. I think that had I gotten the epidural I would have been disappointed had it gone so fast, so it all worked out. And it's true what they say, you feel a lot better when it's over! I did the skin to skin thing (hence the racy pics) which is actually quite incredible compared to having your baby whisked away without so much as a kiss.

Breah was only allowed to come see Tayven through the nursery window, but that was actually more than I was expecting, so I was happy. She was so cute, I kept hearing her say "Look, another baby brother!" or "what dat baby brother doing?" She seems to have accepted the fact that this baby is no longer in "our" tummies, but couldn't figure out why we only got to keep one of them.

Just chillin' with the proud daddy man!

After everyone went home it was just me and Tayven, so we got in some quality bonding time before bed. I tried to get a pic of his hair:

He slept like a champ that first night in the hospital. He ate about 9 then they woke him up at 1:30 while I was up for meds, and then he woke up once more about 3:30, and I finally went to go find him at 8 the next morning. If only I had slept that well too! After one night in the hospital I was ready to be home in my own bed. So we were pretty much out of there as soon as they let us (he had to be monitored for 24 hours for the strep B). I'm so thankful for such a healthy little addition to our family. He's a pretty good little baby, with the exception of sleeping all day and refusing to sleep at night, but it was just one night so I'm not ready to give up yet. He ate a lot more regularly today so here's to hoping we can all get a little shut eye tonight!
14 comments:
Excuse me.... did you just say no epidural!??! You are superwoman!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are soooo happy for you guys. He's a cute little man and you look great Shayla! We miss ya guys.
You are amazing, Shaylah. Not only did you not have an epidural, you look so hot in that pic with Tayven on your chest that I though maybe you'd gotten a C-Section. Who looks THAT good after birthing a 7.6 lb baby?!
You're not going to make very many friends this way, sweetie.
Congrats!
I'm so glad everything went well and look at the HAIR! YEAH!
Congrats! Glad everything went so well! You have such a sweet family!!
Such a handsome little Boy you have, you both look great, even you Brandon and Breah LOVE to all and we are also happy that he is so strong and healthy,
Love all of the pictures and those in them. Imagine, he has hair. Hope he keeps it.
Glad all went well and all are healthy and home. Yes, home is better than the hospital for sleeping for both of you.
Love you all.
Yeah!!! Thanks for the pictures, keep posting them! He's just beautiful. And you look darling! Give that baby a kiss for me... I can't wait to squeeze him!
o Shaylah I am so happy for u guys. he is so handsome. I cant wait to see him I have a litttle gift for him and his BIG sister. Congrats and good luck Boys r so much fun. Boston turned 1 on saturday and i so sad but now will have to live through everyone else. love ya
I'm glad everything went so well. And way to do it without the epidural! I can't believe you even toyed with the idea, let alone did it. I will never, ever, ever try to do it without the shot. Congratulations!
YAY! Natural is the BEST! I had both my kids completely drug free and it is NOT as bad as they say...and it is SO special! I'm so so so happy you got to have skin to skin, that is probably going to be one the best memories you will ever have! And I am the exact same way, I don't even stay 24 hours in the yucky hospital either...who wants to be there when your warm cozy bed and own shower are waiting at home?! Congrats on a healthy baby boy (boys are so special)!
Good for you with the no epidural! And Tayven is such a little doll! Enjoy every snuggle, b/c they grow up too fast!
CONGRATS! OH my goodness, i am so excited for you! he is so sweet! awwww, this makes me NEED a baby! I about cried looking at these sweet pics. congrats :)
OH MY GOSH! NO epidural! You are seriously awesome. Go you! That little guy of yours is so cute. Congrats! You did awesome.
He is very cute! I really love the name too! Still very impressed you had no epidural (even if it was by default)!! Hope you are doing well! Congratulations again!!
Post a Comment