Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dora Dora Dora!




If you've ever spent any time around Breah you may have noticed she has a slight obsession with Dora, which is funny because up until this past Monday she had maybe seen 10 minutes of Dora on TV. To be honest I'm not sure where this obsession started, other than a couple Dora books from D.I. and a pair of hand-me-down shoes (which we've now replaced with 3 different pairs of Dora shoes). And you may recall her Dora doll that's pretty much been by her side since October. This week we finally discovered when Dora comes on, and since Breah is down to 1-3 naps a week, she can actually watch it (it comes on at 1:30, which is when she is supposed to be napping). I finally made it back to Payless to get her church shoes in the right size and we couldn't leave without a new pair of Dora flip flops (never mind that I've tried for the past 2 months to get her to wear shoes with something between her toes--I guess it just takes the right motivation), which she hasn't taken off since. Yes, she even wears them to bed, and she will show them to anyone willing to look. She may be spoiled, but she's been so polite and thanks me for buying her new Dora shoes at least 12 times a day.

Anyway, this is turning into quite a story, so let me get to the point:
Last Saturday we took Breah to the local furniture store to see Dora. She was so excited she talked about it all morning. She kept asking, "we go see Dora now?" When it was finally time, I was sure it would be Santa all over again, but I was wrong. She could hardly contain her excitement, and once we spotted Dora, she couldn't take her eyes off her. When it was finally our turn, I took her up to meet her, and to my surprise, she hugged Dora, gave her five, talked to her, and then didn't want to leave. Personally I think Santa is a little less frightening, but whatever--it sure made Breah's day. We stayed and lunch and then had to drag Breah away. She kept saying "I want to stay at the store with Dora!" She still talks about daily it and one day surprised me when she even knew the name of the store. It took me a minute to figure it out though, she kept saying "We saw Dora at Wulawar with that other guy." Wulawar being Boulevard, and the other guy Spunge Bob. It was quite an exciting day. Maybe if we buy her some Santa shoes she'll be more excited about meeting him this year. And as a side note, am I the only one bothered by the fact that Dora's clothes don't fit?

8 comments:

Kyndi said...

that's funny

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

I love how excited she is about it. So fun!

Tim and Holly Fowers said...

I have thought the same thing about Dora's clothes! How weird to have a children's "icon" wearing clothes that are clearly 2 sizes too small!

gamma said...

How sweet!!!

Tebbs Family said...

She is so funny! She has showed me her dora shoes a lot of times...And before I read your comment and was looking at the pictures I was wondering about that belly shirt of Dora's :). She needs some new clothes I think.

Tebbs Family said...

showed me..shown me..sorry ;s

Robyn said...

Fun to see Breah with BIG Dora and of course see how quickly Tayven is growing! Keep enjoying them! Hugs to you all!

G&G Martin said...

What a funny little girl.
She really has her own little personality and cute things.
Love it.
I need a refresher of when you are blessing Tayven. He is a cutie and we are anxious to see him.