Monday, May 3, 2010

All Growed Up!

We had an exciting/eventful weekend here at our house. G & G Dansie came down on thursday for Brandon's graduation & birthday. Brandon took Friday off so he could hang with us and we actually got to go to the temple together for once! Friday afternoon we went downtown to check out all the Ironman festivities. It was a bit of a disappointment for most of us, but Breah spotted "Thomas", which made it all worth while. She loved jumping in the bounce house until there were too many kids, then she was done. That night we had a most delicious meal at Texas Roadhouse and hurried home to watch the big game.
Saturday we headed to Cedar for graduation. I'm so proud of Brandon for all his hard work and dedication in getting his MBA. I know it wasn't easy and I wasn't always the most supportive, but he stuck it out. I'm just really glad things worked out the way they did. Originally we planned to quit the mushroom farm and go back to school full time but then Brandon happened upon this job, and while I was none too excited about moving to Saint George at the time, I consented and couldn't be happier now. This job offered tuition reimbursement, which allowed him to go to school at night without going into debt to do it! It's such a relief to know that upon graduation we already have a job and aren't out trying to secure one in this crappy economy while trying to provide for 2 kids. We are truly blessed! And I do have to say, I'm really looking forward to having him around more.
It's funny how all of the sudden I feel so grown up. We are finally passed the student phase of our lives, and now, having two kids, it's like we are a real family, not just the young newly weds with a baby. Well, that and the fact that I'm married to an old man! It was Brandon's Birthday yesterday. 28 whole years...man that's old! Happy Birthday! I realize I'm kinda lame when it comes to grown up birthdays (especially this year)...but I did successfully make an oatmeal cake (no Grandma, it wasn't quite as good as yours, but it was close!) for the first time, yellow bowl salad and some pretty tasty chicken, but I think the best present was the one he gave himself...freedom from school! Anyway, I love you Brandon! Congratulations, and happy happy Birthday! Thanks for all you do for our family--you are the best!

9 comments:

Pickle said...

Yep, you are, isn't it great, before you know it you'll be dare I say 30! AHG......
Congrats to Brandon! :) I met another Tayven this weekend in SLC. :) He was really cute too, so it must have something to do with the name!

gamma said...

Congratulations Brandon, WOW, all that school before the old age of 30, you are the best, also a very belated Happy Birthday, sounds like you had fun.
Such cute kids, Breah you are getting so big, and such beautiful hair, it is getting so long, little baby Tayven, you are growing up so fast!!! and I haven't even seen you yet, love to all:)

Kays said...

I can't wait till I can be all growed up and graduated too!!

Congrats, sounds like you had a good and eventful birthday weekend.
You guys sure make a cute little family---can't wait till we see ya this weekend.

Anonymous said...

You ARE so grown up!! Way to go Brandon.... and to Shayla for sticking by his side during it. :) Wish we could have been there!

Paul or Lindsay said...

YAY for graduation and congrats Dansie! We think your set up is sweet and wish we could end up in lovely St. George somehow. We need to see little Tayven too.

Also, Shaylah, if you make one more remark about how old Dansie is I'm going to have to reach through this screen and hit you (a loving hit, of course). I'm 8 months older than he is and don't need the reminders! J/K.

Tara said...

YEAAAAA for you! Who ever thought when we were in 8th grade and I would throw your baseball hat on the roof just to annoy you that someday we'd be all grown up with houses, families, and graduate degrees! Good for you. You guys should come to Colorado to celebrate. ;)

Tara said...

PS
Shaylah--how old are you???

G&G Martin said...

Hey, how come we didn't know Brandon was graduating? This is the first I have heard about it.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
Glad I was up on the birthday.
Your pictures are great as usual.
Such a cute, happy and as you say grown up family. Smile!!
Love you guys.

Josh said...

Way to go brandon! From (what did you call it) the Harvard of Northern Utah to the Harvard of Southern Utah you have made us all proud. It was good to run into you and your family the other day.