Sunday, May 25, 2008

Breah's Latest

Yesterday while Breah was helping me make cookies I poured some little banana puffs on the counter for her to eat. She's getting pretty good at grabbing things were her fingers, but usually only makes it to her mouth with things not intended to be eaten. Once she finally figured it out she would chew on it for a minute, then make this face, and finally gag. She did this a few times before she realized she didn't like them, then any subsequent attempts came right back out.
Breah also cut another tooth yesterday! At least this time we suspected it with all the drooling and the unusual fussiness, so it wasn't a complete shock. Every time I turn around she's got something new to chew on, usually something soft and fuzzy, like her ties, or her worm, and socks and rags while I'm folding laundry:

I noticed a blister on her gums the other day and then yesterday it was a tooth! Now she just needs a few on top!

As you can see, we have a very strong little girl. This is our new way of disciplining her--we make her do push-ups, real ones too, none of those sissy girl push-ups! Actually, she's still trying to figure out this whole crawling thing. She's been going backwards for quite a while now, and lately she'll get up on her toes and even her knees, but hasn't quite mastered the forward motion. Today she started doing little forward lunges, so that's progress! To be totally honest though, I'm enjoying the partial mobility while we are still in this house!

2 comments:

.........Still ME! said...

What a big helper! You are so lucky! Breah looks almost as good as me doing push-ups!! Keep training her and maybe we can have a contest. I am so glad we got to spend time with you guys while Brandon was out of town. Come back soon and maybe Breah will remember that she isn't scared of me.

Kays said...
This comment has been removed by the author.