
I received some very disturbing news Tuesday night and it just about broke my heart. Someone broke into my Grandpa's cabin over the winter and totally trashed it. The police think it must have been snow mobillers since no one else could have really gotten back there, and because they had piled all the blankets on one bed upstairs, probably to keep warm. So maybe it was a life or death situation and they really needed shelter--fine, break a window, do what you need to do to stay alive. There was plenty of food (rather stale I would imagine), build a fire, and when circumstances allow, let yourself out the front door. But no, who ever it was didn't stop there. The ceiling was pulled down, windows shattered, furniture thrown out-- the whole place was just trashed! I just keep wondering what kind of person does that? And why? What have we ever done to you? Especially Grandpa! He doesn't deserve this. He's one of the most hardworking, generous, selfless, and caring men alive. This is the man who put me through college, bought me my first car, financed numerous missions for kids that weren't even related, grew a garden for anyone and everyone--the list goes on . . . and this is his reward! Where's the justice?
The cabin is insured, so I'm sure in time it will be fixed, but this shouldn't have happened. Grandpa is too old to have to worry about. We are all pretty sad about it, I cry just thinking about it. It is our home away from home filled with fond memories of the last 18 years, and hopefully many more to come. I want my children to be able to experience all the wonderful things "Sleepy Hollow" has to offer and remember their childhood adventures like I do. If you are reading this and have any memories of the cabin, or pics from girls camp or anything at the cabin, I'd love to hear/see them. I want to compile them for Grandma & Grandpa to show them how much they are appreciated. I wish I had one of the cabin on my computer, but I guess I haven't taken one in the last couple years, so here are some recent pics


6 comments:
I'm so sorry! Thats the saddest story and it shouldn't have happened. I hope it gets fixed soon. Thats so sad. Some people!
I'm still crying Shay-I can't believe it happened either. I have a few pics that I'll try to email to you. I think that's a great idea to make something for G&G, let me know what I can help with. Love ya-give Breah kisses.
that is horrible! I can't believe it. I was just thinking about the time you took me up there and we watched some scary movie, and how fun it was! and how amazing your grandpa is (I still remember grandpa time when ever it is quiet in the car!) I'm sorry this happened.
Some people just have no sense of shame, I guess. I am so sorry. I also think it is a great idea to put together pictures for your grandparents. I would love to help you. Heritage Makers offers a ton of different options, if you are interested, let me know or go to my website: www.storeyourstories.com. I hope they can get everything fixed soon. Best Wishes!
Oh my gosh, that is awful! Sorry to hear that. :(
When Brinlee told me (through tears) what had happened I couldn't believe it! Grandpa Lanny is amazing, I can think of so many other things besides the ones you mentioned that he has done with out anyone knowing (not just recently). I'm so sorry that some idiots did this and had know idea the effect it would have on so many people. I think I even have some pictures that I could email you.
Post a Comment