
Well, it's September now...and that means summer has come and gone, and we are soooo sad, but also a little happy! We are sad that now everyone is back in school (Breah's studying spanish from home this year) and our lives are slowing down, but we are so excited cuz it's cooling down here! We have survived our first summer in St. George, and I think I can honestly say I was more miserable last summer (I'm not sure if Brandon would agree though). We have a had an eventful summer visiting family and all that fun stuff but now that's it's cooling down a bit maybe we can do more around here (if there's ever a free Saturday, or if anyone wants to escape football with me!) Yesterday Breah and I went outside and found a little spot of shade at 1:30 and were completely comfortable. I'm so glad we can do that again, sometimes Breah gets so tired of being inside all the time and the outdoors always cheer her up. She sat there and took the rocks out of the flower beds one by one, and then put them all back in, and then chased ants for over an hour! Such fun!
And now the real reason behind this post:


Nature vs. Nurture? Are girls just born with the inate fascination with sparkly jewelry, shoes, purses and make-up? or is this something that we learn watching our mothers? And if we learn it from our mothers, then why don't little boys run around wearing "pretties" and high heals, and where do little girls who have mothers like me pick it up so early in life? For about the last 5 months I have worn nothing but flip flops...and that's only when I leave the house. I wear makeup to church, and I do have a wedding ring, but I am certainly not one to have coordinating jewelry with every outfit (not that there's anything wrong with that) and fancy handbags that match my shoes (I finally broke down and bought this one on clearance for the rare occasion I'm out and about and don't need the entire diaper bag) but yet my daughter is obsessed with all of the above. Today she comes crawling down the hall with my purse on her shoulder, and the poor thing kept tripping over it, but she woudn't let it go. She has a little bucket (you may recall the bucket head picture) that she is always carrying around also, it's pretty cute.
And one last thing. Today during lunch Breah was playing with Brandon's badge and got all tangled up. We sat there and watched her grunting and spinning in circles for like 10 minutes before I thought to get the camera, but here is the tail end before she was distracted by the camera. I was laughing so hard:
5 comments:
It could be girls, but Isaac sure loves to walk around in high heels, put on my makeup and use my bags! (Brett will love me admitting that!) Breah sure is growing up fast! In church she did fancy my jewelry quite a bit! She is pretty girly!!! You both better watch out.
So funny, Squiggle is suddenly obsessed with all types of shoes and purses (much to the chagrin of Lulu, as she is usually carrying around Lulu's purses!)
You have the cutest little girl! She looks just like you too.
she is so beautiful!!! I love that she's carrying the purse around.
Shaylah! I'm alive! Your phone number is written on my white board, which is in storage who knows where! So I need your phone number again and we are coming to St. George in 2 weeks, 19-21 so we want to come see you and say hello! I miss you guys and we can't wait to see you again. My mom's number is 801-255-6929.
Post a Comment