Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Drama Queen


This is what happens when our children develop opinions of their own. If she had her way, she would pick out her own clothes every day. Fortunately, I'm still in control most of the time, and if we are going somewhere, I will win. We went in public on saturday so I was insistant that her clothes match. She didn't agree. After ten minutes of struggling to get it off, the battle was over. I love it when she is so easily distracted, but these instances are becoming less frequent.

9 comments:

Paul or Lindsay said...

You ain't seen nothin' yet. We go most places with a purple tutu on to avoid a blood curdling howl that lasts at least 15 minutes. Sometimes fashion just isn't worth it.

Emilee said...

I know you are scared because you have seen Lulu wearing miss-matched clothes for years. I'll give you a tip: plain colored pants and plain or patterned tops. That way the outfits are not too miss-matched.
BTW, Squiggle was trying to take off her PJ's last night (they were new-to-her and not her regular winter PJ's).

gamma said...

Oh Breah, you are so beautiful, we love you so much, I love hearing what the kitty says. Hang in there Shaylah it only gets worse, I think.

Kyndi said...

ummm have you met my girls? We just finished our 3rd bath because "Princess can't be dirty!!!" (and they both insist on picking their own stuff out-I just give them a few options to choose from and usually that satisfies them) but it sure is fun, huh?

Chiemi said...

Ahh the clothing battle. Arwen and Kyla are both really opinionated about their clothing too. It's a struggle sometimes. I dread the teen years. :D

Brett and Diane said...

ha ha ha! So cute you're going to love showing that to her someday. Fun post!

Ashley and Brett said...

Wow! I had no idea it was such a battle with little girls! Isaac doesn't care what he wears as long as its anything "baseball/football" related. Most days he picks stuff out on his own. Jeans and a t-shirt, can't go too wrong with boy clothes! Every now and again we add a cowboy hat to the mix. Good luck with her! That was fun to watch.

Kays said...

Drama Queen pic is blank, how can I see it-help
I'm sure it's cute though

G&G Martin said...

It has been awhile since I have been on your blog. I am really impressed with your laundry soap. I have a recipe from a cousin and got the ingredients, just haven't done it yet. Glad to know it works.
I am also impressed at how professional you are getting with yur photography. I think you should do it professionally. Love the cutie, her dress, her easter and all. Love you all lots. Miss you too.