Breah turned 2 on Monday. I can't believe she's growing up so fast. It almost seems like she's just been part of the family forever, I hardly remember life without her. We are so thankful to have her in our lives. She's healthy and happy and a joy to be around. Crazy to think that two years ago we were praying for her survival, not knowing how much permanant damage she would have, and today she is healthy as can be. We are truly blessed.
We've had lots of fun the past couple weeks with both Grandmas' and Grandpa Dansie coming to visit. We kicked off the celebrations with the Kays over UEA. Grandma Nellie and the kiddos came down Thursday. We did some shopping, hit a big pre yard sale sale (I love me a good yard sale), and of course, some crafting. Uncle Jace was feeling a bit under the weather, so we didn't go out and do too much. And Saturday we had Part one of the birthday festivities:

For weeks Breah has been talking about having an "Elwo" birthday cake. I thought cupcakes would be a good place to start, nice and easy. Marshmallow eyes, an oreo smile...doesn't get any better than that, right? WRONG. Easy, yes. Cute & Friendly like Elmo? I don't think so! They were quite frightening.

And I'm not just saying that cuz I'm a psycho perfectionist who only dreams about being able to decorate a cake to my liking. The poor girl wouldn't even touch them. Well, she touched one trying to push it away from her, but then her fingers got dirty and oh was that a tragedy!


Notice how happy she looks as we are singing to her, and then her disappointment/disgust at her cake. I'm telling you, the pictures don't even begin to do it justice. The poor girl was petrified. She wouldn't even eat a plain cupcake, and the following week when you asked her if she wanted an Elmo cake, she would say, " I no want it. It yucky." I felt so sad, here I thought she'd be so excited and never forget her 2nd birthday (ok, that may be asking a little much of my child), but instead I have scarred her for life, she'll forever live in fear of birthday cakes.
Next up was the presents. I think it's safe to say that once she opened this, Elmo never got a second thought.



We watched that train go around and around for 30 minutes before we could pry her away. Even when she got bored of watching it, it had to be on or she would come running and scold who ever had turned it off(we've gotten past that for the most part now). We finished off the night by going to see "UP" at the $2 theatre, which forced Breah to sit and watch the whole thing. She wasn't too thrilled at first (before it even started she was saying she was all done) but she eventually got into it and really enjoyed chowing down on the popcorn. So, aside from the birthday cake disaster it was a pretty good day. Thanks Grandma, Uncle Trev, Unlce Jace, and Aunt Brin for coming down to play. We miss you tons!
5 comments:
I have to disagree. Those cupcakes aren't scary at all; I think they turned out cute! It's too bad that Breah was frightened of them, though. Your cake turned out really cute, too.
I agree with Angie, the cupcakes are totally cute. I am super impressed with how much they look like Elmo.
SO CUTE Shay! You are SO clever!
Happy Happy Day Miss Breah! We love you!
Oh!! Happy Birthday sweet Breah! We love you! I love the elmo cupcakes!!
Those are so cute! You never fail to surprise me with all your talents!
Post a Comment