Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Birthday Bash


We had the party on Monday, which was her actual birthday. I was going for an Elmo theme, of course, but I think my favorite part was the invitation. I had found a bunch of Elmos at DI to use as decorations, but I forgot them, and I never got around to buying Breah her very own Dorothy fish, so I have to keep reminding myself, "she's two...it's not the end of the world." All my worries were washed away when she didn't cry at the unveiling of the cake. She didn't cry and dive off the table like I had anticipated. In fact, I think that's even a smile!
Mmmm...she's licking her lips just looking at him.The cake. Not perfect but much more cuddly and cute, like Elmo should be, and not so scary. Sure was worth the $5 cake pan (if anyone needs an Elmo cake in the future...you can borrow mine). We started off by playing pin the nose on Elmo. We let the younger kids use their eyes but anyone over 4 had to be blindfolded, and under 1 got mom's help. Shorty here had to have a boost too.
Next up we cut the cake. It was all fine and dandy til we put a fire on top, then she wasn't so sure. Looking at these pictures yesterday she even told me, "Daddy bow tannle out." That's ok, isn't that what dads are forBut don't you worry, this Elmo cake was completely edible and approved by the birthday girl. Lick smackin' good, as long as you don't tell her she has icing on her face.
And last but not least, presents! Breah was spoiled rotten by all her friends and family. It took us an hour to open them, one rip at a time, and then she wanted to play with everything as she opened it. I love this pic of the boys trying to help her out. They were dying to see what was inside, while Breah was too worried about not ripping the paper. Thanks a million to all who came and shared in Breah's special day, and of course for your most generous gifts. Like I said, she's a spoiled girl!
Breah got a new bike from Mom & Dad. I think it's safe to say she likes it. Why is it so easy to spoil your kids? There's a saying in my family, "it's ok to be spoiled as long as you're not rotten." I hope she never turns rotten! We weren't sure we would be able to get her off to go home, but then Grandpa volunteered to walk her home. She was cute, I stopped to say hi as I drove past and all she said as she kicked her little legs (she can't reach the pedals and refused to use the foot rest when she's being pushed) was "bye bye Mom." I don't think either one of them realized they had signed up for a mile long trek, so Grandpa was carrying her when they finally got home. We had so much fun with all our family that came down to visit for the birthday. Thanks for all your love and support. We love you all!

3 comments:

Chiemi said...

Awww so cute!! I'll bet she had such a fun time.

Pickle said...

What a fun party. The cake is so cute, but not as cute as Breah. You are so good as taking so many cute pictures. What a good mom! Happy birthday to Breah! Emma thinks it is cool that they have the same birthday month. She really like Breah! (as you've probably noticed by her carrying her around whenever we see you! thanks for sharing!)

Pickle said...

ps

I love the invite, you did a great job!