Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Intermission: what happened between the parties...


This past weekend, Grandma Nancy & Grandpa LaMonte made the trek down for birthday fun. They came down on Thursday and Nancy and I went and saw AIDA at Tuachan. We had so much fun I think we'll make it a tradition. Then they stayed with Breah Friday and Saturday while Brandon and I went to Vegas for our 5 year anniversary, a month early. Being the big gamblers we are we like to go there as often as possible, especially in celebration of our anniversaries (we spent our 1st there too, a month late--it's bad luck to be there for the real thing you know). Really, it just seemed like the most practical (inexpensive & close) place to go, and it just so happened that there were BYU games going on both times. We had so much fun though. It was so weird to be out for an extended (more than an hour or two) period of time without our sweet little third wheel. We almost didn't know what to do with ourselves. We managed though. We did some shopping at the outlets, saw some of the free attractions around town, went to the Cheesecake Factory (side note: Vegas cheesecake is about 1/2 the size of SL cheesecake, but still delish!), and then, saw "Love" at the mirage. It was amazing. I almost had a heart attack watching the first scene, but once I adjusted and things slowed down a bit, it was incredible, I don't think I've ever had so much fun sitting in one place in my entire life. I never knew a show could be so much fun. But it was. If you are ever in Vegas and looking for something to do, I highly recommend it, especially if you like the Beatles. And we got our tickets 2 for the price of 1, so that made it even better! Saturday we hung out at the pool for a while then went over to the Bellagio to see two of my favorite exhibits, the Conservatory, and the chocolate fountain. The fall exhibit wasn't nearly as impressive as the Christmas one, but it was fun, and I don't think I could ever get tired of drooling over this 26 foot chocolate fountain. They had some pretty amazing cakes and pastries there too. Maybe I should send them pics of my Elmo cupcakes, I think they'd hire me in a heartbeat. After finding some lunch we headed to Mesquite where we met LaMonte & Nancy & Breah for dinner, then the boys headed back to Vegas for the BYU game, and us girls came home to play. We had a fun vacation, and Breah had a blast with G & G. I don't even think she missed us, but that is ok as long as she let us come back.

1 comment:

Pickle said...

How fun for your guys, I'm jealous. Those cakes are amazing.