Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Walentine's Day

I used to loathe Valentine's Day, but lately I've decided it has the potential to be one of my favorites. So what if it's just a commercial holiday designed to bring in millions for the candy industries. Why not embrace the opportunity to express our love to those we love? I am still a firm believer that it's silly to have to dedicate one day a year to do it just because it's expected and think it should be more about what you do (and say) every day that matters, but I have to admit, as a wife and mother, I had a lot of fun this year. Of course I'm all about the crafts and cute decorations. This year I made wooden conversation hearts and made a few trips to Micheal's to furnish my ladder, as well as added 2 new holiday trees (post christmas clearance). Breah and I made Oreo truffle kisses for her friends and used this as her valentine.

I made Breah her very own custom Valentine shirt that she wore to church and promptly overheated in before I could even get a picture. For breakfast we made heart shaped cinnamon rolls (they were delish, I think I'll make it a tradition) and, as usual had heart shaped pizza (also a tradition) with raspberry slush for dinner. And it sure was nice to have an excuse to go out on a date for once. Breah got to go play with her friend Emmi (thank you guys so much) while we went to dinner at Made In Brazil. We sat outside, next to the fire. It was very romantic and quite tasty indeed!
And we can't forget the ward Valentine party. The Elders were in charge and I ended up being the photographer for our Hawaiian Luau dinner. Can I just say gym lighting is the worst, especially when you have a shiny plastic background forbidding the use of flash! Breah had a great time in the nursery and, I'm told, may have won the heart of an older boy. They had the dancing head people as the entertainment of the night (I think we were the only people that did not participate) and as we were cleaning up Breah and Grace had a ball dancing to the music. Shoulda had my video camera, it was a hoot.

2 comments:

gamma said...

What a fun way to make Valentine day a fun holiday, things are always more fun when you have kids like Breah and Baby Brother, and a special sweet Mom like Shaylah, you always make times more fun. Such fun pictures also, Love to all:)

gamma said...

Oh by the way Shay how about putting on some photos of the cute sounding decorations, for us people that don't get to come and see them Love ya