Friday, February 26, 2010

Progress


If you spend a lot of time with us you may be able to appreciate what a huge step this is. For the past 2 years Breah has been terrified at the thought of sand, or getting dirty in general. It took us months to overcome the trauma of getting paint, or marker on her hands. A couple of weeks ago we walked to get the mail with our neighbor and her cute little kiddos and decided to enjoy the sunshine and let the kids play in the sand. I was pretty sure Breah would just sit with me and watch, but the idea of playing with the big girls was just too much. It took her a while but soon enough they had her patting the sand out of their hands and it only improved from there. Then last week, all on her own, she went and ran her fingers through the sand at the park. Two weeks ago she wouldn't even step in the sand! It may seem silly and I'll probably regret it to some extent someday, but I'm so proud of my little Breah. Thanks Belle and Maycee for being such good big girl friends (why'd ya have to go and move?) for Breah to look up too (she idolizes big kids, and these are two I don't mind so much).
And by the way, don't you love her pigtails? Her hair is getting to be so long and lushious! She is obsessed with fixing her hair 4 or 5 times a day. It's just that it "melts" so easily in the wind, or when she drags her head on the floor, or changes her clothes (sometimes we do that 4 times a day too, but yet she won't play dress ups). She has the routine down pat, and will decide what she wants each day. Sometimes it's one pony, sometimes two. Sometimes just a clip, or make it curly. It all starts with her hairspray (water) and we usually have to use some of dad's gel. It's a pretty intense process, and I'm lucky if I can convince her to wear a bow that matches. It's so funny because it wasn't long ago that fixing her hair was a fight, and now it's something that she takes great pride in. The best is when you talk about her hair she runs her fingers through it like she knows she's got the most desirable hair on the planet.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Chiemi said...

She can wear pigtails!!! So cute!!

gamma said...

yes she does and we all know it, she is so cute and I am sure that it will grow fast and pretty, she is all girl and we love her so!!!!

CWYoung said...

Cute hair! Jealous of your weather. but I am coming down this weekend. Friday till Sunday. Can I come and see you and Breah? If Brandon HAS to be there I'll manage.

Let me know if you'll be around- I'd love to see you!

Veronica Ernest said...

Thats so exciting. She might start playing in the dirt. Then when your boy comes they can play and you will have to bathe them twice a day. Fun:)

Kate said...

yay for breah. She is learning to play in the dirt AND she has good hair? Impressive. She's so cute. Hope we get to see you guys on your park visiting circut this summer :)

Pickle said...

That is so funny, glad she is making progress. I love all the stuffed animals at bed too, that is great! And the picky eating thing, sound just like tyler!