Thursday, August 7, 2008

Girls Nights Out



This week I got to go to the Sound of Music and Les Mis at Tuachan with my good friend Holly and an old friend from our student ward in Logan that I hadn't seen in over 3 years! It was so much fun to have a little girls night out (or two) and get reaquainted. (They also introduced me to the blog "Seriously so blessed" and I'm afriad this is going to be one of those entries...but SERIOUSLY! How blessed am I to have such awesome friends in my life!) Breah hasn't been feeling herself the last week or so and Monday night I was about at my witts end with the whining and practically threw her at her dad so I could go. It hasn't been my best week as a mother but please tell me I'm not the only one who's had moments like these. So needless to say, it felt GREAT to get out for a couple hours and just be free to have fun, and had it not been for this little break I probably would have been an even worse mother the next day. Anyway we were both in tears by yesterday afternoon, but I'm happy to report we all slept ALL NIGHT last night and had a much better day today!

Anyway, here are some pics of us at the shows. It rained through the entire play on Monday--which actually wasn't that bad through most of it, but towards the end it was coming down pretty good. I still can't decide what's worse, sitting in the rain for 3 hours or being miserably hot...I'm leaning towards hot cuz it was actually pretty comfortable minus the last 30 minutes. Tuesday was perfect though...overcast and a nice breeze all night! I had never seen Les Mis before, now I will never forget it. Some people just have too much talent! It was amazing! The real reason I got to go with them though is because Holly's husband started a new job up in Salt Lake this week and couldn't go, so I got to go in his place...which means Holly is leaving me tomorrow! I am so sad, she's been such a good friend and I will miss her terribly. I guess I'm going to have to step out of my comfort zone and make some new friends (at least I still have you Mary!). I'm reminded of a little song my mom used to always sing, "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold." So that's what I'm going to do. And it's so much easier to stay in touch these days, I guess it won't be THAT bad, but I am still oh so sad.

3 comments:

Paul or Lindsay said...

You know, sometimes you just need a break. This probably won't be your last "end up in tears" moment. It's normal to get super frustrated as a mom sometimes (at least that's what I'm telling myself).

Rusty and Tara said...

Halle had me in tears probably every day from 18 months-2 years. So don't feel bad--we all know you are a great mom. So take all those girls night outs you can get!

Sharon said...

I'm so glad you were able to come with us! It was such a blast! I love St George!