We love our Breah and don't like to have to imagine life without her. We had quite a scare last night when we found her having a seizure in her sleep. Having never witnessed a seizure and lacking the knowledge of what to do in such a situation we were scared to death. I thought we were going to lose her. She got to have her second ride in an ambulance and spend a couple hours in the hospital being pricked and prodded and all sorts of unpleasantness. I guess it's common for kids to have "febrile seizures" (caused by the rapid increase or decrease in temp) but I hope I never have to experience one again, I've seen one too many already. Having said that, it's fairly likely that we will see more of these until she outgrows this tendency, but at least now we can approach it with a little knowledge and hopefully keep a level head about us.
And for all you parents out there, did you know it's actually ok (and recomended) that you give tylenol and ibuprofin simultaneously? When you first notice a fever, give Tylenol (it works better at reducing fever) and if it hasn't improved within an hour you can then give ibuprofin, then continue to give tylenol every 4 hours and Ibuprofin every 6-8 hours. If only I had known that yesterday!
Breah is doing much better today. She still doesn't feel well but has as least been playing and eating a little bit here and there so I know she's on the mend--even in her weakened state it took 3 of us to hold her down while they drew her blood. Thankfully, I don't think she has a whole lot of recolection of the whole ordeal, except when she saw the Ty beanie baby they tried to cheer her up with. She couldn't get that thing far enough away. Now she is napping, and so must I
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


19 comments:
Oh my goodness!! I am so glad that she is okay, poor thing. I didn't even know that could happen. I always wondered about the whole "medicine" deal it's good to know that in moderation it is okay.
We have been thinking about you guys all day. We love you all so much and wish we could be there with you. Give Breah hugs and kisses from us!! Love you!
Wow! That is so dang scary!!! I'm can't believe that happened to her, but I'm so happy to hear that she is ok. I'm sure it was probably harder on you and Brandon than on Breah. We'll be thinking about you guys and be sure to update us on how things are going!!
Oh goodness this breaks my heart! There's nothing scarier than a seizure- unless it is a little girl having one!
I'm sure this was so hard on you guys! I'm almost crying just thinking about it.
I hope you can quickly recover! We're thinking of you! Daphne would pummel Breah right now if she could!
How scary, I can't even imagine. It looks like you guys were on top of everything thought. I hope the next couple days are better for your family.
We've been thinking about you today as well. We are very thankful everything is okay and pray this doesn't happen again. {{HUGS}} to all three of you, WE LOVE YOU!
How scary! Glad she's okay, and hpefully it won't happen again!
My goodness Shaylah! I am fighting tears reading this! I would be so scared! Your family and especially that adorable little Breah will be in my prayers! Once again I wish we lived closer-I would bring you dinner and a yummy treat in a heartbeat! :)
We're so glad Breah is alright! How scary that must have been for you guys. We love you 3 so much! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!
P.S. Why didn't she like the beanie baby?
I think she probably didn't like the beanie baby because she associated it with everything that happened last night
Gosh, that's scary!! Glad she's okay. I end up in tears every time my kids get sick; so I can only imagine what you went through. Get better soon, Breah!
OK I've been crying for hours now...why didn't you call me? I don't like finding scary things out over the internet and mom was such a wreck about it that she was no good, either...we are SO glad she's ok and I hope you guys get some rest and start feeling better asap!! Cielo had shots yesterday and started getting feverish around 3 this morning so I stripped her down and gave her meds and stayed awake listening to her moan beasue I was so nervous after hearing something like that could happen to a little one!!
we love you guys and pray for you always...wish we were closer!
Seriously! When is enough enough for this little one!!!! I can't even imagine! Our prayers are with you, we love you! Hope she gets feeling better soon.
We are so glad to hear that Breah is ok. Holy cow--I've seen seizures but I can't imagine watching your child go through it. Keep us posted.
Oh my word how scary! Sorry to hear about that but I'm so glad that in the end things were okay. I hope everyone in the Dansie house is feeling well and rested.
Hey Shayla, I was so sad when I heard that happened to Breah. Jamin had a little seisure when he was litle too. I freaked out and started crying. Dave had to settle me down and help me think straight. It only happened once and we are so grateful so we will pray for her that it won't happen any more. See ya soon. P.S. I like your blog spot. This is the first time that I've seen it.
Reading all the comments, it is such a comfort knowing you have so many people that love and care about you and what happens to your little family, exspecially cuz your so far away.
Our prayers are with you as always.
Give Breah 4 big hugs and kisses,
1 from each of us and to you also.
Take care.
and what happens to your little family, as always are prayers are with you
I am a little late getting my thoughts and prayers to you guys, but am so glad everything came out OK and hope it never happens again.
We love you all so much and want the best for you. It is a comfort to know your looked over and have so many pulling for you.
Oh my goodness!! I am so glad everyone is okay. What do you think about the emergency room in St. G? We used it twice in the 2 short years there :) We will say some prayers for little Breah and give her lots of loves from us! If Davis were there he would most likely sit on her- which is a sign of love from him! Keep in touch and I will call in advance when we come down in February.
Post a Comment