So I picked up a couple extra babysitties on Tuesdays. It's been a blast, let me tell you. Ages 3 & 5, both perfectly capable of using the potty on their own and make several trips a day. But apparently only when they want to. 3 year old peed her pants in the bathroom...that's understandable, my house is just that fun. She probably put it off as long as she could and was that close to making it. At least it was in the bathroom, and she's 3. Not one hour later we are all playing in the office/playroom in Breah's house. The 5 year old walks out and is gone for 2 or 3 minutes, comes back in and tells me she peed on herself. I tried to remain calm and asked her where. Her reply: on the couch! Are you kidding me? did you not pass the bathroom on your way to the living room? Sure enough, upon further investigation I find a puddle of pee on my couch. All I can say is at least someone is getting some use out of Breah's Dora undies! Well let me spare you of the details from the rest of the day and end with the one good thing that came from that day. After the kids were gone I sat down to make a handout for young women's that night:

Apparently I should have run this by my critic before distributing it to 9 Beehives. Breah's response upon finding it was "Is this for pee your pants one?" Well, I guess that is kinda what it looks like. Oops!
No, Tuesday is not my favorite day as of late (we love watching Grace) but I try to remember how blessed I am to have the opportunity to be home with my babies each day and not have to rely on someone else to raise them. Our bills are paid, my child is healthy and well taken care of. I don't have to wonder how she is behaving and how she is being treated, because I am there for it all. I realize that not everyone is so lucky. I'm grateful for a hardworking husband who makes it all possible and who supports and encourages my desire to stay home. And yes, I'm grateful for the opportunity to help someone else in need, even if it is a sacrifice on my part.
2 comments:
You are a treasure Shaylah.
I know it is hard to have other children in your home and try to make the best of it all. But you are great, very special compassionate service.
Your really are blessed to be able to stay home with Breah and to have such a great husband to take it on and allow you to do it.
Your little house is great. I can tell Breah loves it and it is more special because you made it for her. She is so lucky. And a cutie to boot.
I agree with your desire to be home to raise your sweet little ones, there is no one like a mother, no other hugs can feel as good as Moms can, you are truly a sweet gal, and Breah is so lucky to have parents like you and Brandon, love you little Breah!!!
Post a Comment