Friday, January 8, 2010
Connected at last...
Last Christmas we splurged and bought ourselves a fancy new computer. We were so excited. Little did we know it would be Christmas to us again this year. You may remember back in the summer when it crashed. Luckily it was under warranty and we sent it in to have the power supply replaced. It came back and worked for a time, then died again. This time they sent us a power supply to replace it ourselves and made us buy their special surge protector. It (power supply) was faulty. So we sent it in again. It came back about a week before we left for Christmas and we finally got it all up and running again, including a lengthy backup process (thank goodness we learned our lesson the first time and now have an auto backup--thank you Mozy!) and were set to go. So I came home after Christmas, excited to blog about our adventures, only to find no power going to our computer, AGAIN. I called again and when she wanted me to go through all the dang diagnostic crap again I lost it. I told her I had wasted enough time with the stupid thing and all I wanted was a refund or a computer that I could rely on. It worked, the next day we had a special case manager who worked to get us a new computer...it's a year newer, has more memory, and Windows7. Not that it was worth all the headache over the last 7 months, but this pregnant basket case was happy and will stop harassing costumer service agents who were just doing their jobs. However, if I ever get a chance to speak to the repair people who replaced the motherboard and hard drive TWICE, the better hope I'm not pregnant. Now we can start the process of restoring our whole lives back onto this fancy new computer and hope it lasts us past next christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That was funny. Sorry for your misfortune but you handled it very well. Your better then me. At least you didn't start crying. That's what this pregnant basket case does.
GOOD GRIEF! I am sorry, that is just plain sucky! oh and thanks for the advice!! :)
Are you kidding me?? What a PAIN! It was so fun to see you guys, and we wish we would have got to spend more time!
Post a Comment