Saturday, January 9, 2010

Breah's Room


I had to take these pictures of Breah's room today before we messed it all up. We probably went overboard with this in the beginning, but it was so fun, and so cute. But now we've decided the little ones are going to have to share a room, and therefore we may need to de-pink it a little bit (and to think I used to loathe the color pink). When I first set out to buy crib bedding I decided
on a bug theme, thinking that could be kinda gender neutral and could be used for future children, regardless of their gender. But then I happened upon this set and there was no going
back. I have a thing for lady bugs and I just fell in love. Unfortunately, I didn't listen to my logical side telling me otherwise, and the pink stripes are going to have to go. Goodbye pink stripes...I may have to replace you with green stripes. I'm not sure I can ever go back to a plain old wall. Hello painters tape, can we be friends again?

At least I'll always have these pictures.

In the meantime, tonight we set up Breah's "new one bed." We got it from a friend in Fillmore and Brandon and Breah repainted it and bought some new hardware, and it's as good as new. I was a little nervous about the transition (still am), but Breah was so excited she couldn't stop helping to put it together, all the while saying "it ready? I fweep in it." and by 7 was begging to brush her teeth and jump into bed. Let me just say, tonight was the easiest bedtime I've had in weeks, but I'm preparing for the worst when the excitement wears off and she figures out she can get out of bed on her own. She's such a big girl now, where does the time go?

3 comments:

Ambrea said...

Wow, Shaylah, I've been like 100% out of the loop...I had no idea you were preggers and having a boy! (I've haven't been blogging for a while now, but I'm trying to pick it back up :D ) Boys are so so so so so much fun! I LOVE my boys and I'm so glad I have them! (Although I'm hoping to get a girl next time around). Congrats and I promise you will not be disappointed! And btw my kids share a room and that's by choice, and I wouldn't have it any other way...it's funny because now they have a hard time falling asleep without each other and they are serious best friends, I love love love it!

Chiemi said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the new room. Yay for Breah and her big girl bed!

gamma said...

How sweet Breah, you are such a special girl and will be a great Big Sister, and I love the way you have your legs crossed, such cute feet. Love ya!!!!