Monday, November 12, 2007

One Month Old!

Well, Breah is one month old today. It seems like just yesterday I was doing everything I could think of to get her here, and now sometimes I find myself wishing I could freeze time and keep her little forever. I love everything about newborn babies, especially my own, but I have to admit she gets more fun everyday (not to mention cuter, too). Anyway, I thought I would write a little about Breah for those of you that are interested in hearing more about her daily life.
Breah is only one month old and I think I could potty train her. All I would have to do is hold her over the toilet every time I go to change her diaper. This is no exaggeration, every single time I’ve changed her diaper today she has either peed or pooped on me. And those of you with kids of your own know just how many diapers a baby can go through in one day. One time she managed to keep her own clothes clean by projecting it all on me. Sorry if that’s more info than you were wanting, but it is a big portion of our day.
Of course as her mother I think everything she does is just adorable, but I have to tell you about one of my favorite Breah moments. She is getting a lot better at taking naps now, but occasionally wakes up half way through needing a little extra love, so I take her out and try to calm her down without spoiling her too much, but when this doesn’t work, I rock her back to sleep. She usually settles right down with a big wide open mouth smile, and as she is drifting back into dream land, she laughs out loud and wakes herself up again. This process repeats itself several times, probably cuz I’m too in love to put her down. It is just so cute. I know you are all thinking babies don’t laugh…and maybe most babies don’t, but mine does—even if it is just in her sleep. I suppose she’s probably laughing at me, thinking “Gee, my mom’s such a sucker for this cuddling thing.” And I am too, when she’s awake she prefers not to be held so I have to take what I can get.
She’s always been a very alert baby, but never much cared for anything like a bouncy seat or swing. Her favorite activities include talking to walls, staring at windows and lights, and watching her bears (her mobile) in her playpen. She has recently taken an interest in being read to, and listening to BYU radio in her sleep. The poor kid has had to learn to sleep in the middle of everything since she is confined to a 5 ft radius all the time, so I leave the TV on so that every little noise doesn’t startle her. She’s getting to be pretty good at sleeping through most everything though, and is finally starting to go to sleep on her own without fighting it so much.
She is growing and changing with every day and is anxious to meet you all. I was going to post some pics but it’s getting late so I’ll try and do that tomorrow!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

You are a great mom! She sounds so adorable, I have to see her one of these days.